Royal Aeronautical Society
- The professional institution and learned society for the aerospace
Aerospace Engineering -
Farnborough Air Sciences Trust
- Organisation to preserve the wind tunnel site at RAE Farnborough
from eventual demolition, and to create a living Aerospace Museum.
Aeronautical Engineering -
Manchester School of Engineering
5th Conference on Aerospace Science and Technology
(PAICAST-5) - Provides information on the
conference taking place in July 2003 and organized by Rutherford
BBC History: Sir Frank Whittle (1907-1996)
- Biography of the man who patented his idea in 1932 for a jet
PBS Chasing the Sun: Frank Whittle
- Information on the British inventor. Includes a governmental video
clip explaining how a jet engine works
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- Responsible for safety, economic regulation, and consumer
protection in the aviation industry in the U.K.
Royal Air Force Museum -
Britain's national museum of aviation located at Hendon and Cosford.
Fleet Air Arm Museum -
Charting the history of the Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm, with
exhibits including carriers, both World Wars, and the technological
development of aviation.
Aircraft Photographs and Air Displays by Roger
Whitcomb - Provides military aviation
photos taken at major shows and bases in the U.K.
BAE Systems - Contractor
and systems integrator in the air, land, sea, space, and command and
control market sectors.
GKN - Global company with
activities in the automotive, aerospace, and industrial services
Air-Britain Historians Ltd
- All aviation enthusiasts worldwide - details of all changes to
aircraft registers, airlines, airliners etc.
Deltaweb - Offers aviation
news, information, and links.
Flights4all - Flying
lessons and pleasure flights including helicopter, light aircraft,
microlight, aerobatic, Tiger Moth, balloon, and simulator
experiences across the U.K.